Crestview Kindergarten Registration
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION: Opens March 1st, 2022
2022-2023 Kindergarten registration will be available online through FinalForms. For FAQ regarding the KDG registration process for 22/23 please click here.
Michele Fisher, District Registrar
Crestview Local Schools
1575 State Route 96
Ashland, OH 44805
Phone: 419-895-1700 x 17002
- Enrollment Process:
- Complete all fields and required uploads in FinalForms. Be sure to select the appropriate school year you are registering your child.
- Contact Michele Fisher via phone or email (contact information is above) to inform her that your enrollment paperwork and uploads in FinalForms are completed. She will finalize your enrollment process at this time.
- Please note: Registration cannot be completed and your student may not begin school without the following documents. If you already have a student in the district, you will still need to provide this documentation to complete the registration process.
- Original Birth Certification
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Residency (2) - lease, purchase contract, utility bill, government mailing, official confirmation of address change filed with the US Postal Service, mortgage statement.
- Current IEP/ETR/504 Plan (if applicable).
- Current Documentation of Custody (if applicable).
- Photo ID of Parent/Guardian enrolling student.
Early Kindergarten Admission
A parent may request early admission to kindergarten if the child turns five years of age after the district’s kindergarten entrance date (August 1) and before January 1. The local board of education shall determine entrance through a standardized testing program. The Crestview Local School District considers a child eligible for entrance into “regular” kindergarten if s/he attains the age of five on or before August 1st of the year s/he applies for entrance. A child under the age of six (6) who is enrolled in kindergarten will be considered of compulsory school age.
By parental request a child may be tested for early admission to kindergarten if s/he will be five (5) years of age between August 2nd and January 1st, inclusive, and exhibit the mental, social and emotional standards established by the Crestview Local Board of Education. If your child turns 5 years of age after January 1st and you believe s/he is a viable candidate for early entrance, please contact the Gifted Services office.
The Crestview Board of Education has adopted the State of Ohio’s Model Student Acceleration Policy for Advanced Learners:
“Children who will not yet be the proper age for entrance to kindergarten or first grade by the first day of January of the school year for which admission is requested shall also be evaluated for possible early admittance if referred by an educator within the district, a pre-school educator who knows the child, or pediatrician or psychologist who knows the child. Children who will not yet be the proper age for entrance to kindergarten or first grade by the first day of January of the school year for which admission is requested may also be evaluated for possible early admittance at the discretion of the principal of the school to which the student may be admitted.”
The Early Entrance to kindergarten process shall be reviewed annually by the Early Entrance to Kindergarten Committee.